What is the sound of one hand clapping?
2. An ear of wheat buffeted by wind.
3. A windshield wiper, back and forth,
4. More silence.
5. Distress. A pesky gnat.
6. Disaster. Help! Frantic gestures.
7. In a field of snow,
a small fire has just been lit.
It is your only chance. Do not
let it go out.
8. Pounding, hammering silence.
9. Air. A whooshing sound. A door
10. We need each other.
What is a mother
without a child?
11. The body’s symmetry
is a glyph of balance.
We need to be whole.
12. The earth waves at the moon.
13. Laughter. Deep, healing laughter.